Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mmmm....some of my favorite things

So I saw this on quite a few people's blogs including Emily and I had her send me a letter so could do a list of my ten favorite things. And she chose the letter
1. Money
I'm not greedy but I love when I have money because most of the time, I don't. It just makes my life much less stressful than it usually is. I'll be honest, its nice to be able to splurge once in awhile on a really cute outfit. But I've come to realize that with the career I'm going into (teaching), I never will have a lot of money.2. Mashed Potatoes
Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved mashed potatoes (or "mash" as we use to call it in my house). But it has to be homemade. When it comes from a box I can clearly tell and it is not nearly as yummy. I am also very picky and I believe that after 22 years, my dad still makes the best ones! And they are not complete until they are topped with brown gravy!3. My Man
Yes, I love my boyfriend of almost six months Chaz. He makes me so happy and always knows how to make me laugh. He is always so supportive of me and I am just so madly in love with him. He has taught me how to love again and to not hold up any walls. People told me to not wear my heart on my sleeve, so I tried that the first two months. Then I realized, that's just not me and I just need to risk putting my heart out there. And I am really glad that I did!4. McDonald's Breakfast
As unhealthy as it is, nothing can beat a McDonald's breakfast. My two favorite things there are the Breakfast Burritos (the smaller ones) and the Sausage Egg McMuffin. Mmmm.....mmmmm.....mmmmm!!!!! Good!!! Their breakfast is totally my downfall since I work so early in the morning that I'm to lazy to cook my own breakfast. I also get off at 9:15am and I pass two McDonald's on the way to school. I need to practice self control!!5. My Mommy
Everyone who knows me was expecting to see this one on there. I absolutely love and adore my mother!!! She is one of the most amazing women in my life. What she has been through and how she has handled it always amazes me. Sure we get in our little tiffs here and there, but what mother and daughter doesn't? She is always there for me to lean on and just talk life with. I seriously do not know what I would do without her!6. Music Downloading
I have this obsession with putting tons and tons and TONS of music on my iPod. I listen to all kinds of music and it truly shows on my playlist. I have everything from country to rap to christian to alternative to classical. I love hearing new songs on the radio or old ones that I forgot and then just putting them onto my iPod so I can listen to them again and again and again. Chaz kind of makes fun of me for my obsession, but oh well. What can ya do?7. Movie Theater
There is nothing better than sitting down and watching that movie you've been waiting so long for with the surround sound and the base so high that your seat rumbles. Other than the highway robbery prices, I love going to the movie theater. Don't you love how you get that chance to be a movie critic whenever the previews are on. C'mon you know your one of those people that turn to the person next to you, "Ooo that movie looks really good. I really want to see that!!" And you can't forget that buttery popcorn that they give you!! Sure you might pay an arm and a leg for it, but it is yummy! My only pet peeve about the movie theater is going on a Friday or Saturday night when it is full of prostitots who think they are so cool cussing with their mini skirts on and jeans hanging below their butt. But that in itself is also entertainment to think back on how much of an idiot I was at their age. LOL8. M&M's
Everybody knows how yummy M&M's are. Do I have a favorite kind? I'd like to say no. It all depends on what I am in the mood for. I love putting M&Ms in my mouth and then just letting them melt before I start chewing. Do you remember the Crispy M&M's in the blue bag that they had out for awhile? Those were good but I can see why they are not around anymore. And c'mon, who doesn't like those cute commercials?
9. Macadamia Nut Cookies
I love these things!!! Especially when they have white chocolate chunks in them. The best ones that I have had surprisingly came from Subway!!! They are just ssssoooooo incredibly yummy!! I think I'd actually be pretty upset if all of a sudden nobody was making them anymore. It'd be a sad day in America!!10. Markers
I love coloring with markers!!! Brand new markers!! Colored pencils get dull really quickly and crayons came sometimes just get messy. Also what about dry erase markers?? Working at an elementary school has made me love these things. Not only are they good for drawing cute pictures that can be erased in seconds, but the kiddos seem to think math and spelling are fun when they get to use dry erase markers. I'd say that the best markers out there are Crayola. Rose Art markers just get dried out way too quickly!
So now that you know 10 of my favorite M things, I want to find out more about you. Leave a comment asking for a letter and I'll give you one!


2 comments:

  1. I love mashed potatoes too! I could totally live off them forever. =-) You're right about the homemade thing too...waay better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I tagged you on my blog! =-)

    ReplyDelete