Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Muffin top.....I prefer NOT

So after talking with Chaz about how we are going to lose weight, I am finally in. This is it, and we are both very serious about losing this weight. From June of 2008 to September of 2008 I lost a total of 35 pounds. I was on Weight Watchers and attending weekly meetings and my progress was wonderful. At the time, my motivation was my wedding dress. More specifically, my motivation was my wedding pictures. I told myself that I did not want to look at those pictures 20 years from now just to see how fat I was. Well in Sept, my engagement broke off and I slowly began to gain the weight back. I truly did not have that 100% motivation anymore to reach my goal weight. Chaz and I got together near the end of October and since then we both have gained about 20 pounds each and we both hate it. I am still 15 pounds away from where I started in June, but I hate seeing these pounds creep back on. And I know that if I continue doing what I'm doing, I will gain all of my weight back plus some. So I have decided that it is time for me to start eating healthy again. Due to financial reasons, I will not be going back to Weight Watchers but I will be following that basic plan at home.

One thing that I feel will keep me motivated is if Chaz and I learn new healthy recipes together. I wouldnt mind eating something new at least twice a week just to keep things "fresh." I am also going to the YMCA tonight to see if I qualify for financial assistance, and if I do, how much my monthly fee would be. The Y is so close to Chaz's house that I can easily walk there when the weather is nice. I am also using the site Spark People for motivation and advice on weight loss. It is completly free and is a great site!!

My weight right now is 185. My goal is to lose at least 1.5 pounds a week to eventually go down to 130. I don't want to "crash-diet" because first of all that is unhealthy, and second of all my chances of gaining all that weight back greatly increase. I want to be at 130 pounds by Christmas. I will keep you all posted on how it goes. Wish me luck!

2 comments: